Suggest treatment for persistent sore neck and cough

Dr. Deepashree

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have had a sore neck for the past 5 days. Feels tender to touch especially at the sides under my chin. I have also had a throat; not too sore but seems to be worse when I'm lying down. I have also had a cough and been producing green phlegm.
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
throat infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query. In my opinion you might be having throat infection. If I were your treating doctor, I would have prescribed penicillin antibiotics + clavulunic acid combination drugs twice daily for 5 days. These are prescription medicines, so I would advise you to consult with the doctor and get evaluated. Emperically you can take anti inflammatory medicines like paracetamol 500 mg + diclofenac 50 mg combination drugs twice daily for 3 days. Do hot saline gargling. Decongestant tablet containing phenyl ephrine may help you to decongest. Avoid oily and spicy foods. Hope my answers have helped you. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D