Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection and severe headache
Due to sinusitis. Should settle down.
Thank you for your query.
1. Yes, this is because of the sinusitis.
2. This should settle down after the sinusitis subsides.
3. The local inflammation and infection causes the alteration in smell in taste, including some viruses. The burning smell is due to the Parosmia / Cacosmia which includes getting the same smell everywhere and distorted smell and taste can be due to many causes such as nasal allergy, infections, hypothyroidism, liver dysfunction, drug induced, deficiencies of Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Magnesium. Atrophic rhinitis, post nasal drip and acid reflux may also co-exist.
4. Inform your doctor who can continue medication and get a Sinus CT (if your headache and other symptoms persist). This will also help rule out other conditions such as polyps or fungal infection. (Viral and fungal infections will run their course and will not respond to antibiotics).
5. If these investigations are within normal limits there is a possibility that you should get better in time. The recovery time is not predictable. You may follow up with the answers to the above questions, results of the above investigations and treatment for further recommendations.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe headache with bp
- Severe headache with fever suggest treatment
- Treatment for severe headaches
- Suggest treatment for sinus infection
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches due to naspopharangeal carcinoma
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches and eye pain
- Suggest treatment for severe headache and continuous cold
- Treatment and cure for Severe headache
- Suggest treatment for severe headache
- Severe headaches mris ct scan normal sinus infection