Suggest treatment for persistent sinus congestion
Self care along with the medicines always provide good relief.
Thanks for the detailed query.
With what you had provided you seem to have chronic sinusitis. The most probable reason could be infection through molds. If I were your treating doctor, along with the decongestive and anti allergic medicines you are taking I would like to add anti fungal medicine( TAB. AMPHOTERICIN B) which will give a better relief. Fungal infection via molds would have a typical Chest Xray. After confirming the findings on the Xray this medication can be given. So I suggest your next step should be to insist on Chest Xray and Xray PNS (paranasal sinuses) by the same doctor. If the sinuses are filled with mucus they can be drained.
As the antifungal medicines are prescribed drugs you'll have to see a local consultant to prescribe them.
Chronic sinusitis always is better relieved with the combination of medications and self care, like
1) Humidifiers in the room
2) steam inhalation
3) warm water towel on face
4) Nasal saline solutions
5) Flush out sinuses by nasal irrigation using bulb syringe and saline.
6) Drinking plenty of water.
Hope the information was useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sinus problem
- Suggest treatment for bronchitis and sinus infections
- What is the causes and treatment for sinus congestion
- Suggest treatment for nasal congestion due to sinus
- Suggest treatment for sinus infection
- Suggest treatment for sinus drainage and chest congestion
- What treatment is suggested for sinus
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for dry sinuses
- Natural treatment for sinus congestion