Suggest treatment for persistent shoulder pain

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi, My name is XXXX and I am a RN in a critical care unit. I was pulling up a very heavy patient and felt something pop in my back below my left shoulder blade. It has hurt ever since, for at least the past 3 months now. X-ray shows no signs of fracture or break. The pain is severe and worsens during my 12 hour shift to being unbearable. The pain is sharp and burning, tender to touch, and unrelieved by any medication, ice/heat therapy, or stretching I have tried. Please Help!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be muscle tear.

Detailed Answer:
The pain that you have seems to be due to a muscle tear. The tear has not healed properly due to lack of rest. in addition to the medicines you are taking you need methylcobalamin and pregabalin also in case this is a nerve related pain. Take rest and physical therapy as it will help in the long run.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng