Suggest treatment for persistent scalp psoriasis

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Dec 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have scalp scroysis and have been through 5 dot toes of clobetasol it still comes back what do I do now help
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Scalp psoriasis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Probably you mean to say scalp psoriasis.
Psoriasis cannot be cured.
It can only be controlled.
I treat such cases with salytar scalp solution.
It I safe and effective.
you can use it in consultation with your doctor.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

Recent questions on  Clobetasol

I talked to you before about my medical problem. My blood work showed HSV type 1 negative HSV type 2 positive, I don't have blisters at genital area, but within past 3days around my mouth slightly redness and itching, no pain , no blisters yet,...

I have reoccurring rashes around my elbow that itch like crazy and feel hot to the touch. I am currently using Clobetasol , but it's not working very well.

My complexion is generally brown. About a year and a half ago I developed a strong itch on my leg. I went to see a dermatologist about 6 moths later & he diagnosed me with Lichen. He gave me a medication. I started to use the medication & the...

I had undergone laproscopy for removal of my gall stones & gall bladder in June 2012. After about a fortnight the incision area became red & swollen & finally there were pus in it. A few days later I developed lumps on my right breast & on my right arm pit. Almost all known anti biotics were tried but the three wounds failed to recover. After a series of tests & analysis of wound samples & mamography, in August 2012, Claribid & Loxof were suggested & within a week the wounds started healing up. Thereafter the same Claribid & Loxof continued & after a month my wounds healed up completely but as advised continued the medicines for a total period of three months. In the mean time, about a month back, I started having skin rashes on both my upper & lower limbs . On consultation, I was suggested Desloraladine - 5 mg , Clobetasol Ointment for local application & was also suggested to have T3-T4-TSH tests to be done. Although T3 & T4 are within normal range, TSH is high at 14.11. Will be obliged if you could please advise whether high TSH is the cause of my skin rashes which has now spread to the whole body & the suggested treatment asap.

I am 53 yrs old. I have had a partial hysterectomy at age 43. For the past couple years I have experienced chronic internal & external vaginal itching, soreness, burning and inflammation. My gynecologist has written all sorts of Rx s such as Temorvate, Clobetasol Propionate Oint. 0.05%, Terconazole Vaginal Crm 0.4%, Desoximetasone USP, 0.25%, etc. I have been to a 2nd gynecologist & she also does not seem to know what is going on. I had to be weaned off the steriod creams as my skin was getting so thin in that area. I am trying ph balanced body washes but they all seem to have some fragrance in them which I do not like using. I have been using fragrance free laundry soap and fragrance free body washes and bar soaps for years trying to relieve this problem. I am at my wits end and very frustrated and uncomfortable. Do you have any suggestions or thoughts as to what is going on???

Hello Doctor, My name is sapna, age of 32yrs, having severe itchy patch under the foot . It has been there for 5yrs and i get severe itching. I consulted so many dermotologists but of no use. I was suggested below medicines by a dermotologist and currently i am using them: -- Resteclin 500mg tablets -- allegra 180mg tablets -- clobetasol cream BP Tenovate ointment Please suggest me, what kind of decease is this and is it curable/no.

I wanted to know if hydrocortisone .05%,retin a .05%, and hydroquinone 3% is just as good as clobetasol in place of hydrocortisone for lightening darkened knuckles?