Suggest treatment for persistent psoriasis
Welcome to HCM..
You said that your client is having psoriasis on the legs and now spreading to other parts of the body. I hope you are sure about the diagnosis.
Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune skin disease with genetic tendency. It is a relapsing disease. There may be triggering factors like stress,dry weather,tension, trauma,drugs like chloroquine. It is a controllable disease.
Blood tests may be done to rule out other diseases like HIV,DM,blood diseases,liver and kidney diseases.
I would recommend as below..
- methotrexate in low dose..15 mg per week.. Consecutive 3 doses of 5 mg at 12 hour interval in a week, continue till the control.
- acitretin 10 to 25 mg daily may be considered
- antihistaminics to relieve itch
- application of steroid with salicylic acid ointment or calcipotriol ointment
- avoidance of soap bath
- tar shampoo for scalp lesions
- avoidance of triggers
- regular eye check up
- regular blood tests Hb,blood cell count, liver and renal function tests
I hope this would help your client. But, you consult the dermatologist and have regular treatment under his observation.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Psoriasis treatment in vellore
- Napkin psoriasis treatment
- Treatment for psoriasis
- Unani treatment for psoriasis
- Suggest treatment for psoriasis
- Over the counter psoriasis treatment
- Melanocyl tablets for psoriasis treatment
- Treatment for severe plaque psoriasis
- Psoriasis feet treatment
- Psoriasis treatment savlon cream