Suggest treatment for persistent panic attacks

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I took 2 Hydroxyz HCL 25 MG tablets 1 hour before I went in for my Euflexxa knee treatment so I wouldn't have a panic attack. My usual dose before going to the dentist. The medicine didn't start working until 2 hours after the procedure. One of my knees froze up because I couldn't relax. I am going in for the second one and what can I do different to keep me calm.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take xanax or alprax .5 mg

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case. Getting injection can be problematic and painful. Though hyaluronic injections are not powerful and always given with local anesthetic medication like Lignocaine, if you have injection anxiety you can take tablet Xanax or alprax .5 mg before going to clinic.Also you can take tablet Ciplar. It contains Beta blocker propranolol.
I hope this will decrease your anxiety. And you will be comfortable during injection.Let me know if you have any other followup questions.
thanks
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 5 days later
Hello
Thank you so much Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
I called my doc and he gave me Xanax to take 30 minutes before injection. It was much better and my knee did not swell up or bruise and he raised my knees also and I think that helped.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I wish you a healthy life

Detailed Answer:
I wish you a healthy life.Please write a review.
thanks