Suggest treatment for persistent pain in the shoulders

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am having shoulder pain on left shoulder. Visited a doctor once and they told me muscle strain and not strain my hands too much. But pain is there sometimes even now.

Please give me suggestions or exercise routines to follow to cure.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Physiotherapy

Detailed Answer:

You can try these to relieve your pain:
1) Avoid activities that make your symptoms worse.
2)Use ice packs.
3)Painkillers like Dolo or Ibuprofen only when pain is severe.
4) Physiotherapy : You should meet a physiotherapist for this.
- Specific shoulder exercises – for example, if you have shoulder instability, you may be given exercises to strengthen your shoulder
- Massage – where the physiotherapist uses their hands to manipulate your shoulder
5) Have lots of fluids.

I would suggest you to meet a physiotherapist for shoulder exercises. If your symptoms persists even after exercise, meet an orthopedician for a detailed examination.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana