Suggest treatment for persistent pain in shoulder and back

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Back Pain
Question: Sir
I have my back pain back of my chest and in my sholder i went to physio and he is giving me traction and took xray for spine it was normal. Still i have pain in my shoulder and back. Will it be because of lungs. I have a fear towartds lung cance. I gad caugh sone says back now ie was only from my throat. Why pain in my back. Is it a symptoms of lung cancer without caugh.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes this can be due to lung cancer also.

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

Pain can be due cervical/thoracic spine nerve compression which can be seen on MRI.

So I will advise you MRI spine to rule out disc bulge.

You may need further investigation to rule out malignancy.
SPECT scan can detect lung cancer in early stage in cases where CT scan is normal and cancer is suspected.
You may need blood investigation like ESR, CRP, and CBC.
If you are doing smoking then possibility of lung cancer increases.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 7 hours later
Sir
How to differentiate caugh from throat and cheast. My Dr said my cheat is clear. Inhad throat infection 20 days back. I am a nin smoaker. I have more fear on lung cancer no other symp like weasing , blood in spitam and loss of weight. I have pain near my sholder blade. Dint take any tab for it.pls help me .
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 39 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cough from throat will have more throat pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

Cough from chest will have wheezing from chest on auscultation.

You do not have constitutional symptoms of malignancy.
I will advise you to do PET scan to rule out lung cancer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 days later
Sir
My pain got releived. I have phlem ie white from my throat when i cough from my throat. Its not serious to be tajen or not .
Brief Answer:
Expectoration from throat will reduce with antibiotic and expectorant medic

Detailed Answer:
Hello

I have read your query,

Expectoration from throat will reduce with antibiotic and expectorant medication.

White expectorant from throat is not serious.

Consult your doctor for clinical examination and further medication.
Do PET scan if required.