Suggest treatment for persistent pain after rotator cuff surgery
Physiotherapy could help.
Hi,I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
This kind of problem like partial damage to axillary nerve( nerve which supplies to deltoid muscle) and post operative stiffness is very common after shoulder surgery.
Find out the cause of huge knot by ultrasound examination or MRI- if it is a suture anchor or any foreign body removal may help in movements.It may the only surgery to help you.
Other surgeries may not be helpful at all. I suggest you undergo rigorous physiotherapy program with local steroid injection (as and when needed - not more than 2-3) to have mobility and power in shoulder .
I hope I have answered your question. Please feel free to ask any further question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sleeping after rotator cuff surgery
- Recovery after rotator cuff surgery
- Driving after rotator cuff surgery
- Nerve damage rotator cuff surgery
- Rotator cuff surgery recovery sling
- Manipulation after rotator cuff surgery
- Pt after rotator cuff surgery
- Problems with rotator cuff surgery
- Rotator cuff surgery and driving
- Dressing after rotator cuff surgery