Suggest treatment for persistent nausea, headaches and lethargy

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi, I'm going on week four with the following symptoms:
- headache that never goes away, pressure headache on my forehead
- pressure on my eyes so it hurts to open them
- feel like I'm in a haze and get cross eyed feeling
- feel tired
- feel nausea from time to time
- feel like I'm coming down with the flu about three times a week but never get a fever
- ringing in my left ear
- parts of my body will jerk at times when I'm laying down ( I was getting tingling on my hands and feet and then that went away and I started getting the body jerks.)

I've seen an optometrist, ENT, and neurologist. I had an MRI and MRA and so far nothing is coming up wrong. I get a spinal tap on Monday. I have not been able to work or drive as the pressure on my eyes and feeling in a haze is too much.

One last note, approximately 4-6 months before this happened if I slept more than 6 hours I would wake up with pressure between my eyes feeling sick but after I got up it went away in an hour. I would get the same pressure headache I feel today.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Premenopausal syndrome? Thyroid gland dysfunction?

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your query in details and understand your concerns.

Spinal tap will show if there is any neurological disorder that is causing your symptoms, but, since the MRI resulted negative, I don't think this is the case.

I suggest you to discuss with your Doctor about getting in consideration two other conditions that may be responsible for the symptoms, if the spinal tap will result negative:

1- premenopause

2- thyroid gland dysfunction

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee