Suggest treatment for persistent lower back pain

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am 65 years old and active, healthy and have the stamina to run a business. However, I recently fell on tile floor but with no significant effect initially other than lower back pain which has improved. However, lately I have pain on the inside of my right knee area shooting down to my calf which progresses throughout the day. It eventually limits the distance of walking I can do. I also have generalized muscle pain but again as the day progresses. Also my physical overall stamina has been significantly reduced as the day progresses where just going to the grocery store takes significant effort. It has now been a month with no change. My mental stamina has not been effected.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get Xray done.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

You have not tell anything about your diabetic and blood pressure status so I am assuming it to normal.

If I am your treating doctor, I would like to advise you xray of lumbosacral spine in AP and lateral view and xray of both knees standing in AP view and send me the report.

I want to see present condition of your vertebrae, disc spaces and joint condition.

Till then you can have ta. aceclofenac100mg+serratiopoeptidase15mg by prescription of your family doctor as this medicine is not over the counter.

Avoid any type of exercise, weightlifting.

Apply hot packs.

Thanks,

Dr.Chander Mohan Singh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T