Suggest treatment for persistent loose motions

Dr. Prasanna Heijebu

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have loose motion for the last 3 days
I m 36 year old. Took some tablets from a local doctor but the loose motion continues. Pls provide some medicine
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please provide basic info.

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern.

I would like to know the what medications you have taken before guiding your further.

Also mention your age and gender.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 32 minutes later
Age 36 years
Male

I have taken roko tablet. Loperamide
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mild Gastroenteritis? Need antibiotic therapy

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I understand your concern.

I apologise for the delayed response.

In case the loose stool is not resolved, it is advisable to take a short course of antibiotics.

I generally recommend oral tablets of ORNI O for 3 days.Please check with your physician if he shares this view and if can prescribe the same to you.

This should resolve the infection.

Further tests may be needed, only if you do not respond to standard antibiotics.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar