• question-icon

Suggest treatment for persistent loose motion

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am kidney transplant patient (7 yrs) and Ian suffering from loose motions since last4 days. It is due eating outside. I took 1 tab of Norflox TZ. After that I have not taken any medicine. Kindly suggest medicine to stop loose motions.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer....continue with NORFLOX TZ and drink plenty of fluids
Detailed answer......
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Most of the time diarrhoea is mild and transient.
However sometimes it can be severe where ,you may require hospitalisation.
Since you are a kidney transplant patient,you need to be careful.
Dehydration should be avoided at all cost as it can threaten your graft survival.
Continue taking NORFLOX  TZ one tablet twice a day and keep taking plenty of fluids like plain water,ORS solution,lime water,coconut water etc.
See the response in next 48 hours. If not well then go to ER.
In case you are having vomiting at the moment and are unable to take much by mouth or your urine output is less,then go to ER straight right now.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta