Suggest treatment for persistent light headache

Posted on Wed, 25 Oct 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have persistent light headache specific to one area
of my head.
It has lasted for two or three months.
I notice it about 70 % of the time.
The pain is about a 3 on a scale of 1-10.
it is about a baseball-sized area just right of center at the top portion of my head.
I have absolutely no other symptoms, I am other wise healthy and fit
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi! May need detailed neurological examination and if needed CT scan

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to HealthcareMagic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had been experiencing lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be simple headache triggered by restlessness or other non objective causes like minor form of migraine or cluster headache but as it has repeatedly involved the same area so it's better to rule out some objective cause. First of all, blood work up with ESR and ANA to rule out any form of vasculitis and Xray skull and Paranasal sinuses to rule out any local lesion.

If unremarkable a detailed neurological examination may be needed and even if that all is normal and still the headache persist for few more weak than, a CT scan of brain may be needed for further reassurance.

Meanwhile using analgesics like acetaminophen or neproxen as you already have been using can be continued with caution. Ensure a sound sleep and rest and avoid over thinking or anything which may trigger stress or anxiety.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin