Suggest treatment for persistent knee pain
I m having knee pain for last 5 years, consulted doctors before, i was told that was nothing to worry about.
I have consulted knee specialist recently, and also MRI done. The results shows mild issue. And i m on medication now. My worry is, is this curable? Can i go back to my normal life (jogging) and other sports?
I am attaching my reports, please do help understand my problem.
Do regular knee exercises, you will be able to go back to normal life.
Thanks for your query.
I have gone through the report attached. Your description suggests that you are suffering from chondromalacia patellae(softening of the cartilage of the knee cap). It usually affects younger age groups (as in your case).
Do not worry, the following measures will help in resolving your problem of chondromalacia patella.
* Keep your body weight at an optimum level
* Avoid extreme position of knee flexion as in sitting cross legged on the floor
* Active quadriceps exercises , which usually resolves more than 40% of anterior knee pain problems
* Analgesic and antiinflammatory medications
* Glucosamine sulfate supplementation for 2 months
* Avoid climbing staircases
Generally physiotherapy for your quadriceps muscle with straight leg raising and knee mobilisation will improve your muscle strength and will decrease the progression of condition.
Do regular knee exercises, you will be able to go back to normal life and other sports.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for knee pain relief
- Knee pain treatment
- Injection treatment for knee pain
- Arthritis treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- My persistant knee pain any advice or insight
- Anterior knee pain treatment
- Knee pain treatment at home
- Meniscus knee pain treatment
- What causes persistent knee pain