Suggest treatment for persistent irritation in penis head

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Tue, 21 Jul 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I've been having irritation on the head of my penis, particularly around the corona. I walk a lot for my job and it feels like the head was chafed, but it has been six months and has improved, but not fully healed. I have seen my doctor and he said that there is nothing wrong.
-skin is red and purple
-hurts to touch the head
-no discharge/foul smell
-doesn't itch
-no discharge
-not sexually active
-feels/looks better when dry
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A few suggestions, no signs of infection seen, nothing to worry about

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query and would like you to know that I am here to help. From the provided information and attached images, I have the following suggestions:

+Try to keep the region dry and clean at all times
+Avoid sexual intercourse and masturbation until I say so
+Make sure you change your inner wear at least twice a day
+Do not leave your groin region wet
+Try to use a talcum powder which will help to keep the region dry
+Try to take a shower at least once a day
+Use a topical application of clotrimazole or ketoconazole twice a day over a clean and dry genital region
+Check blood glucose levels especially if you have a family history of diabetes
+Take a one time dose of oral fluconazole capsule 150 mg

I do not see any specific presentation relating to an infection, and so you need not worry. Just follow my instructions and I am sure you will feel better. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.