Suggest treatment for persistent irritation in eyes

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Just out of the blue, my eye starts to sting in the inside corner? What causes this? Thank You?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
irritation

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This could always be an allergen,foreign body or a particle.Body has an advance defense mechanism for such situations. There is profuse watering to wash the irritant away and frequent blinking to dislodge it.
Wash your eyes with water.If the irritation persists then lubricating eye drops can be put in.
Any further query in this regard,please do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 29 hours later
This stinging is not in the eye, or on top of the eye, it comes from very deep inside, like its underneath, but located toward the corner. My eye doesn't water, or seem like something in it. I should have said that first. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
irritation

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for getting back to us.
The level of that you described can always be due to nerve like neuralgia.
Since it is not continuous one course of action is ti wait and watch. In the meanwhile multi vitamins should be contnued.
As the pain is not severe or continuous so painkillers are not requiref.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T