Suggest treatment for persistent high fever and weakness

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: My brother is 24 years old, will be 25 in December 2014. He get high fever, weakness and heart beat increases appreciably when not taking medication. I am not exactly aware of medication. But, in 2 weeks he has seen 4 doctors, first doctor gave typhoid medicine which was rules out by 2nd doctor. He then flew to his hometown and saw another doctor who prescribed Vitamin B13 shots. Because he had to travel back for his study he missed one of the shot as prescribed and caught high fever reaching back to XXXXXXX Thereafter he went for a full blood test and results are (only abnormal results) shared at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xjJVcE9skcRXdlQTFVdWhNUnM/edit?usp=sharing

The doctor then gave him hypertension medicine and just told to come back in 10 days.
I am very worried as doctors just prescribe medicines without telling what is going on. Please let me know how to go ahead with these reports.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer,...given below
detailed answer...
I have read your query,seen the reports and understood your concern.
Reports basically indicate that there is deficiency of VIT D and some excess of VIT B12.
These reports do not have anything pertaining to the cause of high fever.
He needs to be investigated for the cause of his high fever.
He would require detailed test to look for malaria,typhoid,tuberculosis,chest or abdominal infections etc.
You need to consult a physician who can examine him properly and run proper tests.
At the moment,he can take only paracetamol for the fever,provided he has it with him.
Consult the physician the moment your brother reaches back
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.
Thanks