Suggest treatment for persistent herpes outbreaks

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have herpes but I am afraid to go to dr for fear of someone finding out. I have had it for about 30 years and have constant breakouts.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Herpes outbreaks happen,but different modes of transmission...

Detailed Answer:
Hi my dear,

I understand your concern.

You say to have herpes, but fear to go to DR.

Please take note that there are 2 types of herpes: HSV 1 and 2. HSV 1 is transmitted by being in contact with saliva or oral sores of the infected person or by sharing personal and eating utensils.

HSV2 is transmitted by sexual mode.

Both herpes outbreaks can happen especially in cases of contact and if the patient has low immunity.

So, tell me more about your fears, your actual health symptoms and problems? drugs you've been using so far? In this way, I can be of more help to you.

All the best.
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 4 hours later
I got herpes from sexual contact about 30 years ago. I break out constantly between the cheeks of my behind. I am just so tired of going through this.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
There are things you can do to prevent herpes outbreak as following...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back my dear,

I understand you are tired of going through this.

Now, there are 2 main management strategies for genital herpes:
1. Prevention on outbreaks
2. Treatment of outbreaks.

Treatment consists of antiviral medications, rest and local care.

While, there are things you can do to prevent the outbreaks including:
- changing sexual habits: use lubricants as friction might precipitate outbreaks
- strengthen immunity: eat healthy; take multivitamins and antioxidants
- coping with stress
- avoid smoking or drinking alcohol
- avoid exposing the affected area to the sunlight
- avoid wearing tight clothing or nylon or non-cotton underwear

On the other hand, there are also other things that might precipitate outbreaks but you can't handle them:
- hormonal changes
- having cold or flu
- surgery

So, taking all these into account, you can make some changes in your lifestyle and daily activities to prevent a possible herpes outbreak.

All the best and God bless my dear.
Dr.Albana