Suggest treatment for persistent headaches

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: my son went to the ER week with a severe headache. they called it a tension headache. gave him motrin
that was in Tuesday. headache went away but came back friday. saturday he is ok again there are no other symptoms
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Aleve can help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. As such, such pain can come back from time to time. Motrin (ibuprofen) can be used. Aleve (naproxen) is a drug of same category but should be more effective and can be taken by your son. Tension headaches are usually triggered by stress and so stress relieving exercises like meditation and yoga should help.

Let me know if you wish to know about anything specific.