Suggest treatment for persistent headache

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: I have headache
Answered by Dr. Kampana 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lots of fluids, healthy diet, adequate sleep.

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. It would be help if I would know some more details like from when you are having headache, what time of day(morning/evening), do you have cold/cough or Is it associated with vomiting?

The most common causes of headaches are cluster headache, Migraine or Tension headache. Some primary headaches can be triggered by lifestyle factors like certain foods, changes in sleep or lack of sleep, poor posture, skipped meals or Stress.

For symptomatic relief I would advice you to have lots of fluids(juices, tender coconut water, buttermilk), deep breathing exercises, tab. paracetamol, healthy diet(fresh fruits and vegetables), adequate sleep(6 to 8 hrs). If associated with cold or cough, steam inhalation helps relieve sinus headaches.

If your symptom persist or worsens it should not be ignored and you should meet your physician for a thorough examination and treatment.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana