Suggest treatment for persistent fever
Get some investigations done.
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, I would like to advise that you should get yourself investigated for :-
1. Complete Blood Count ( CBC ).
2. Throat swab culture.
3. Sputum examination.
The above investigations will help to know the cause of your infection and the appropriate antibiotic for it.
It will be more helpful if you mention the name of the medicines you are taking.
I would advise that you should take an antihistamine like Fexofenadine 120 mg once a day along with a decongestant like phenylephrine. Antibiotic should be taken according to the reports of the above mentioned investigations.
It might be a possibility that the antibiotic you are taking is not appropriate for the infective organism, so your fever is still persisting.
Warm saline gargles are also helpful in sore throat.
You should take paracetamol 500mg three times a day for fever.
I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nose bleeds vomiting swollen tonsils persisting fever treatment
- Persisting fever after removing the abscessed tooth hearing loss treatment
- Suggest treatment for persisting fever even after using medications
- Suggest treatment for persistant fever with cold and sore throat
- Causes of persistent fever
- Persistent fever
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever with cold and stomach upset
- Persisting fever during typhoid treatment advised stopping all antibiotics suggestion
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever and sore muscle
- Causes for persistent fever during typhoid treatment