Suggest treatment for persistent fever when diagnosed with pneumonia

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: My son who is 26 had the flu 3 weeks ago. was diagnosed with pneumonia and took anti biotics for a week. he was feeling better but now has a fever. he plans to go to the clinic in the morning . i gave him a tylenol. i am concerned that maybe i should take him to emerg.

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
First take him to the clinic.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should first take him to clinic an get done clinical examination of respiratory system.
If doctor feels that he is having pneumonia, then you can should take him to emergency room for chest x ray an blood reports.
You have done right thing by giving him Tylenol.
Also tell him to drink plenty of fluids orally and keep himself hydrated.
Ask me him to do warm water gargles 5-6 times a day.
Don't worry, he will be alright. First take him to clinic and then if needed take to emergency room.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your son. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana