Suggest treatment for persistent fever and high BP
I'm still running a fever every day and my blood pressure is still around 145/100 - even on my BP meds. I'm worn out and exhausted from this infection. I have been in bed the last two weeks, but my sinus keeps blocking back up and the infection never drains. I have a lot of pain and pressure in my face, eyes and front-right teeth. Sometimes after I rinse, I can smell a fowl smell from my right sinus. I wake up with massive sinus headaches that run from the back of my head to above my eyes. I refuse any more Prednisone, it doesn't work for me. It makes me fat, crabby, sleep deprived and depletes my immune system.
I'm hoping the explanation of my current symptoms makes sense along with my health summary and other attachments. Besides two sinus surgeries, I had to have my gall bladder out last August.
I would like your opinion on my diagnosis, how I should proceed so that I can get out of bed and take care of my family, and how I can best advocate for myself in this situation.
I understand that my mental health can have a play in this as well, but I know myself, and this is not an episode of double depression. I take my meds, see my psychiatrist monthly and my therapist twice per month to prevent that.
I'm just sick:(
I'm up or down each day, and different times of the day. When I kinda start to feel better, I can make it till about 10:30/11 and then I collapse. I feel my whole body give up, my fever and chills get worse and my brain fogs over.
Thank you so much for your info!
Repeat Sinus CT,Abdomen USG.Check meds.Hypertonic nasal washes.Fungal Swab.
Thank you for your query.
1. I have gone through your comprehensive summary sheets.
2. If you can get a post-op Sinus CT Scan done and upload the images (along with images of the pre-op scan for comparison), I will be able to give you an accurate assessment.Get an Abdomen USG (Ultrasound) done.
3. This fever signifies a septic focus still active in the body, most likely in the sinuses or the abdomen.
4. Get a review of your current medications to check whether there is any drug induced cause.
5. Change your nasal washes to hypertonic saline for a few days and report the difference. Get a fungal culture of the nasal secretions done. 'Biofilm' formation is a possible cause. From your history it seems that your sinuses still fill up at different times of the day, causing symptoms.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest natural treatment for high bp
- High bp treatment
- Suggest treatment for high bp accompanied by headaches
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Suggest treatment for persistant fever with cold and sore throat
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever with cold and stomach upset
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for high bp with stomach infection
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever and sore muscle
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication
- Fever headache high bp blood uine test done suggest treatment
- Can an energy drink prior to blood test increase RBC levels ?
- Unstable,unable to walk independently and properly,on Vertinal and...
- Flu symptoms,throat and roof of mouth sore,coughed bright red blood,any...
- Tingling sensation along right side face,3-4 times daily,sensation when...
- Pain,stiffness,swelling in knees,X-ray,arthritis developing,knee...
- Amoebriz dosage for adults and children
- Eustachian tube dysfunction, ear virus, sick on planes, scopolamine,...
- Pea sized nodule in tongue, painful, affecting speech, tooth pain, jaw...
- What causes jawline lumps?
- Double bypass, respiratory failure, nose bleeds, selective embolization