Suggest treatment for persistent fatigue

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Repeated Dr.
I am 32years male have been suffering from fatigue syndrome all the time for last3years,cause is not diagnosed till now and have lost 10 kg weight in last 3years
Dr.had started treatment and prescribed Tab Rifastop 400mg and Cap vsl3 OD than I improved but after 3months of this treatment my symptoms came back again,Dr.changed the treatment but I did not get relief, please help me what should I do? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some more details:

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

I understand your concerns and I shall do my best to address them,however,I need to know some more details for the same-
1)Why were you prescribed Rifastop?
2)Do you have any past disease or medical history-like Liver disease,Thyroid disorder,Diabetes,Heart disease or any other disease?
3)Do you have a history of any addictions-like chronic alcohol intake or smoking?
4)Any history of depression or other psychogenic illness?

I shall be glad to have you in follow-up with details so that I can answer this well.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 15 hours later
Thanks for responding Dr.
Right now I am telling about what you want to know
1.I was prescribed Tab Rifastop after my barium meal study report, it was suggestive of IBS/Intestinal hurry. Before this I was given 6 months ATTcat1on the basis of CT cheat and abdomen report, it was assymetrical wall thickening at iliocecal junction, ascending colon and transverse colon likely infective?? Tubercular.but I didn't get any improvement in my symptoms of fatigueness and weight loss.
2.Sir, I don't have any past diseases history like liver disease, thyroid disease, Diabetes, heart disease.
3.I don't have history of any addiction like chronic alcohol intake or smoking.
4.I don't have any history of depression or psychogenic illness.
Right now I have been suffering from these symptoms
1.fatigueness all the time that doesn't improve even after full rest.
2.decreased appetite, not feeling of full hunger
3.not feeling of bowel movement after having meals
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hypothyroidism treatment/Gatsroenterologist follow-up for Kochs.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up and providing details.
I have gone through all the documents you have uploaded.

I could see that there are two reports of Thyroid function tests,the one in which sample was collected on 13/3/2016-TSH is abnormal being 9.6,this is suggesting Hypothyroidism.Hypothyroidism invariably causes easy fatiguability.So,although another report on 27/32016 mentions TSH in the normal range-this needs to be checked whether it is properly controlled with adequate dose of Eltroxin or not.

Further,though you have taken 6 months of ATT,but symptoms(decreased appetite,fatiguability) are still indicative of the disease.G.B Pant is an excellent place for Gastroenterology and you should get it checked whether your intestinal TB has responded to ATT or not.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to answer them.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee