Suggest treatment for persistent fatigue and weakness of the body

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello, This query is for my wife 31yrs old. She is not feeling well since last 2 days. Her body is not fully active. She is feeling weakness & tiredness in her body. I am not sure if this info is sufficient for you to advise. Please let me know if you need additional information. Will you advise any lab test?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need some further details regarding..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome back to HCM,

I've gone through your query and understand your concern for your wife,

No, this is not at all sufficient information XXXXXXX so please let me know-

What do you mean by "her body is not active"- is there inability to move/pain in the body,if yes then where is the pain exactly/any other problem over body ?

Any fever/sore throat/joint pains/runny nose/cough/cold/headache ?

Any rash over any part of the body ?

Does she have any significant past/present medical/surgical ailments ?

Please let me know all these information so that I can guide you more specifically..

It may be just due to seasonal viral influenza, but investigations may be required but after all these clarifications..

Please get back to me with all these details..

Meanwhile ensure that she remains well hydrated(ensure to drink 3-3.5 ltr of water per day)

Awaiting for your response..

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee 7 hours later
Thanks for the reply Doctor Arnab! Before I provide you the requested info, here is some additional info.

She has travelled from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX to XXXXXXX XXXXXXX on 11th Aug. She was in XXXXXXX for 2-weeks. So there is water & weather change. After some house chores on 12th Aug, she had excessive pain in her Thighs on 12th night. It was really unbearable & we have given her Combiflame. It helped to get relief from pain & she could sleep after that. And there was no pain after that.

1) What do you mean by "her body is not active"- is there inability to move/pain in the body,if yes then where is the pain exactly/any other problem over body ?

Now there is no pain. She is able to walk easily but feeling tired. And prefers to rest/lie-down than walking.

2) Any fever/sore throat/joint pains/runny nose/cough/cold/headache ?

No such symptom as of now.

3) Any rash over any part of the body ?

No rash on any par tof the body.

4) Does she have any significant past/present medical/surgical ailments ?

Nothing in the past/present.

Hope this info helps for further advice.

xxxxxxxx

Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry, however routine and timely follow-up to continue..

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX Welcome back,

Thanks for following up with those details..

Yes, it can be due to the overall climatic change and exertion during the chores..

Doesn't seem to be too serious though..

As of now, no investigation necessary..

Good to know there's NO fever/sore throat/joint pains/runny nose / cough /cold /headache or any rash..

Just keep her rested, maintain well hydration(as already mentioned), don't let her exert any further, eat and sleep in time, that should do it..

If next time there's any similar pain episode recur, then instead of Combiflam, just give her plain Tab Paracetamol(650 mg) after food, it's a relatively safer option..

If at all there's any- fever/sore throat/joint pains/runny nose/ cough/ cold/ headache or any rash happen later on, then get her tested for tropical illness like Dengue, Chikungunya etc.(Ig G and IgM mainly) along with CBC..

But as of now, none of those needed other than being vigilant..

Let me know later on how she stays..

Take Care
Kind Regards

Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee 37 hours later
Thanks Doctor Arnab! She is doing fine now. But your above reply will be a good guidance for future.
Brief Answer:
yes, please make good use of them

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Good to hear from you, glad to know she's doing fine too..

yes, please make good use of those advises in future..

Take Care
Kind Regards

For future reference you can always get in touch with me, below is my direct follow-up link through which you can contact me anytime anywhere, I'll be happy to help -

http://www.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=71041