Suggest treatment for persistent fast heart rate
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
Regarding your concern I would explain that your symptoms seem to be related to anxiety.
Nevertheless, I would recommend performing some tests to exclude other possible causes:
- an ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring to exact your heart rhythm trends during the night and exclude possible arrhythmia
- complete blood count for anemia
- thyroid hormone levels for possible thyroid dysfunction
- blood electrolytes for possible imbalance.
If these tests result normal, you should consider anxiety as the main cause of your troubles.
I would also recommend avoiding caffeine intake which can exacerbate this situation.
Hope to have been helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gutron treatment for fast heart rate
- Treatment and cure for Abnormal heart rate
- What is the treatment for inadequate heart rate
- Treatment to slow heart rates down
- What treatment fast heart rate while resting
- Treatment and cure for Irregular heart rate
- Treatment and cure for heart rate nausea
- Treatment and cure for Increased heart rate
- Treatment and cure for Rapid heart rate
- Treatment for chest pain and fast heart rate
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?