Suggest treatment for persistent ear infection despite taking Amoxicillin
can't explain this strategy...
I'm sorry but I can't explain why an antibiotic might be needed in a week but not now! If there are signs of acute otitis media then treatment should be initiated. The ofloxacin solution can be given for external otitis only... I don't understand... it's either an external otitis or a strange treatment strategy.
I thought she had amoxicillin only. Amoxicillin with clavulanate is a more potent antibiotic and should be effective for most cases of otitis. If it fails then levofloxacin tablets would be a good next choice (750mg per day, once daily for 5 days).
500mg tid is not enough...
For acute otitis media 500mg of amoxicillin alone three times per day (I suppose you meant 500 instead of 50) is not enough. External otitis can be diagnosed based on symptoms or otoscopic findings. Pain when moving the pinna or exerting pressure on the tragus. Otoscopic findings include swelling, redness and exudate inside the ear canal.
Pain when blowing the nose is expected in acute otitis media.
Ear drops do not help in acute otitis media... They may only help in external otitis.
I can't diagnose anything from afar but there are some questions to be answered in this case...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Best treatment for ear infection
- Suggest treatment for ear infection
- Adult ear infection treatment
- Ear infection ayurveda treatment
- Parrot ear infection treatment
- Are persistent ear infections despite taking clindamycin due to mrsa
- Treatment and cure for ear infection
- Fungal ear infection treatment
- Ear infection treatment azithral
- Treatment corynebacterium ear infection
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?