• question-icon

Suggest treatment for persistent dysuria and redness on vulva

Posted on Mon, 14 Dec 2015 in General Health
Question: I am suffering from urine infection since four months and having pain during urination and i have taken lot of medicines. last week doctor examined me find infection(red in color) at the mouth of the vagina and prescribed the following medicines 1.cifran 500 2.syscan 150 3.candid CL.Please suggest me how to recover from this? Doctor told this as a urine Infection
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urine culture and sensitivity test is advisable

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to XXXXXXX care magic
I had gone through your question very diligently and I really appreciate your concern.

At the outset I would like further information for better assessment of the condition like
Are you married or sexually active?
Are you having urgency or increased frequency of urination apart from pain?
Have you ordered any investigation?

I would advise you to go for battery of tests like CBC, Blood sugar, urine microscopy and urine culture and sensitivity test.

According to urine culture reports you may require a course of antibiotics under supervision.
Meanwhile have plenty of fluids 4 to 5 liters a day and maintain good hydration.
you should keep good personal hygiene.

Please write back to me with these details so that I will be able to tell you even more accurately.
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. BR Hudda 24 hours later
Sir
Thanks for your response.I am married and having 2 children of 7y&2.5y age.I am having pain during intercourse and also i am having urgency of urination.I am here with sending my reports. In spite of the reports cystoscopy was also done in that mild inflammation in trigone appears. Hence i request to please go through the reports and give me suggestions.
Thanking you sir
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Extended course of antibiotics is required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome again and thanks for all the details
I had gone through your reports very diligently and I will try to help you out in best possible way

Looking at your all the reports it's clear that you have urine infection with inflammation of bladder wall.
you need not to worry its a treatable condition and you will be alright after treatment.

In my opinion you need to take a course of antibiotics any drug to whom E Coli is sensitive, to be precise either amoxyclav or cefixine will definitely work and you may require a extended course for 10 to 14 day
Take regular medicines , maintain good personal hygiene and have plenty of fluids

Hope this helps you
Please feel free to discuss further
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. BR Hudda