Suggest treatment for persistent dull shoulder pain

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: constant dull right shoulder pain. from elbow to middle of back, and sometimes sharp with no arm strength. no prior injury or accident. Don
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to start the following treatment for this shoulder joint issue.

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you!

Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and I can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I assure you not to worry as I will take care all of your medical concerns.

You have got a problem with your right shoulder girdle and there is rotator cuff inflammation. This is limiting your movements and there is pain all through the right arm up to elbow.

Shoulder rotator cuff is a combination of structures like muscles and tendons and joint cartilages and all the combined structures are supposed to work in harmony and if there is any problem with any component out of them, it causes issues with whole the limb.

The first step in management is Limit The Mobility. You need a shoulder sling support for at least 2 weeks along with medications.

Apply Bengay Ultrastretch Ointment and massage gently over all the areas of pain. Then apply ThermaCrae Heat Wrap around the shoulder and for the neck separately. It is best possible remedy for prompt relief. It gives heat to the structures deep inside and soothes a lot. Increases the blood supply and flushes the inflammatory products and all of this adds to the comfort of patient.

Take a prescription for:
*Fioricet with codeine for pain and a multivitamin Surbex-Z for nutrients sufficiency.
*Lyrica for regeneration and nerve support and to relieve the pain that is running all along the nerves.

Consult an Orthopedist for MRI of the joint and treatment accordingly if nothing helps anymore.

Hope I answered all of your health concerns . If you have further questions, feel free to contact me anytime. Always write my name in start of your question in future, and I will get back to you in no time. If satisfied, please give a five Star rating and don't forget to Close the discussion.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!

DR. XXXXXXX M. HANIF
USA

Go and click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime:-
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj