Suggest treatment for persistent dry cough

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My wife is suffering with severe dry cough for past 3 days..doctor prescribed azidel dolo650 delmont-Friday but dry cough not relieved..she is still suffering severe dry cough may be due tobuvula please advise medicine sir
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cough syrup

Detailed Answer:

Dry cough and cold in this season is most commonly due to virus.

Antibiotics do not have role in treating the viral infection but prevent any supper added bacterial infections. Do continue the advised medications.

In addition she can take Syp BENDADRYL DR 10 ml thrice daily. This will surely reduce the cough.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137