Suggest treatment for persistent dizziness and nausea

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I've been having dizziness for a month now. I have nausea and lots of bloating. Sometimes I get pain on my left side. The dizziness almost makes me feel like I'm going to pass out. The doc said my blood preesure was fine and wants me to wear a blood pressure monitor for 24 hrs. This will not take place for another few weeks and I'm not feeling any better
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Migraine is more likely

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Your dizziness seems to be due to anxiety or Migraine or most probably tension headache.
Let me brief about the pattern of both the headaches that may help you in judging your type.
The Migraine headaches present with pain on one side of head, and have classical throbbing, nausea and vomiting, irritability.
The person prefers to stay calm alone in dark that is has problems with light and sounds.
The Tension Headaches usually present with heaviness in head , band like sensation over the head and are mostly associated with sleep disturbances.

Flunarizine, Propanolol, Amitryptilline are used in treatment of Migraine.

Tension Headaches are treated with anti depressants like Tricyclic antidepressant Amitryptilline, Or SSRI like Escitalopram.

Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring is only indicated if your BP is in abnormal range, else not required.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD