Suggest treatment for persistent diarrhea

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: hi, i had dierehaa two weeks ago (maybe i ate frozen fish from an outlet) then after having few meds it stopped but not completely. the stool is not normal and it more like semisolid. i also feel too much gas in stomech by evening and everymorning its again semisolid flow. i have to go 3/4 tymes a day and overall its dosent seems like im completely okay from stomech. attached is the prescription i took.
Answered by Dr. Happykumar Kagathara 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
bacterial intestinal infection or inflammatory bowel disease

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern for GI symptoms
1) There is no any attachment file with this query.
2) You had intestinal infection secondary to ingestion of raw food which was resolved with antibiotic therapy.
3) Presently you are suffering from semisolid consistency of stool, increased frequency of stool, abdominal bloating after meals; all these symptoms are suggestive of indigestion.
4) Indigestion may be due to many causes i.e. dyspepsia secondary to severe gastritis, insufficient intestinal digestive enzymes, bacterial or parasitic intestinal infection, inflammatory disease of bowel.
5) I would recommend you to undergo stool examination for routine and culture tests. If this tests shows presence of infection still then you must start specific antibiotic therapy again according to report.
6) Along with this you might take intestinal digestive enzyme supplementation (Tab. Unienzyme) for better digestion.
7) If stool report is normal and you persist symptom even after symptomatic treatment then it is recommended for you to under go colonoscopy for confirmed diagnosis.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any further doubts, I would be happy to help you
Have a nice day!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy