Suggest treatment for persistent cough

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi doctor, I am getting cough continuously from last 2 weeks. I believe it's because my Uvula has expanded and is touching my throat every time, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm coughing for every 5 minutes. Can you please suggest me some medicine? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most probably, you are suffering from acute pharyngitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your question and understand your concern; and it suggest that most probably you are suffering from pharyngitis.

If I were your treating doctor then I would prescribe
1. Macrolide antibiotic such as Azithromycin 500mg once a day.
2. Antiallergic medicine such as combination of fexofenadine and montelukast.
3. Hexidine mouth gargles once a day.

I would recommend you to consult your doctor for a prescription and for correct diagnosis and or send me the image of your throat.

Dr Hariom Sharma MS XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D