Suggest treatment for persistent cough with mucus

Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: What is the best thing for a lingering cough accompany with mucus
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please take syrup benadryl

Detailed Answer:
hello

Well it all depends on a few other symptoms which you may be having, like

If you are having fever , or yellow colored mucus then it is likely that yOU ARE HAVING LOWER RESPIRATORY TRACT INFECTION AND WILL NEED ANTIBIOTICS ALONG WITH medications for cough like syrup benadryl 2 teaspoon twice a day.

If there is no fever and mucus is white , then you wont need an antibiotic and syrup benadryl along with steam inhalation 2-3 times a day will help you.

If you are having cough for more than 2 weeks , you must meet your doctor to rule out causes for chronic cough like tuberculosis , etc.

Please avoid hot and spicy food , smoking and polluted places.

Dont worry you will be fine!

Thanks