Suggest treatment for persistent cough and recurring tonsillitis
Get PFT done.
Thanks for your question on HCM.
I can understand your situation and problem.
Since you had recurrent URTI (upper respiratory tract infection) in the form of tonsillitis, possibility of post infectious bronchitis is more.
Post infectious bronchitis is inflammation of larger airways and can be due to persistent infection in the upper airway.
Chronic, persistent cough is one of the symptom seen in this.
So in your case we need to rule out post infectious bronchitis first.
1. Clinical examination of respiratory system.
2. PFT (Pulmonary Function Test).
PFT is must for the diagnosis of bronchitis.
It will also tell you about severity of the disease.
And treatment of bronchitis is based on severity only.
You may need inhaled bronchodilators and antihistamine drug.
So better to consult pulmonologist and first diagnose yourself and then start appropriate treatment.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent cough mucus for 4 months treatment
- Persistent cough after cold treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough despite taking antibiotics
- Treatment and cure for persistant cough
- Persistent cough and pus on tonsils
- Persistent cough with heart palpitations
- Persistent coughing in cold weather
- Pain in the calf and persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough