Suggest treatment for persistent cough and mucus production in throat
I am planning to go back to prompt care today.
Possibility of post infectious bronchitis is more.
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description, possibility of post infectious bronchitis is more.
It is common after viral upper respiratory tract infection (URTI - cold).
Cough and expectoration are common symptoms of bronchitis.
So better to start inhaled bronchodilators (formoterol or salmeterol) and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) (budesonide or fluticasone).
Broad spectrum antibiotic like levofloxacin or azithromycin is also beneficial in your case.
So consult doctor and discuss all these.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent cough throat clearing
- Persistent cough mucus for 4 months treatment
- Persistent cough with clear mucus
- Persistent cough after cold treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough despite taking antibiotics
- Persistent cough with no mucus
- Treatment and cure for persistant cough
- Persistent cough with mucus and metallic taste
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough