• question-icon

Suggest treatment for persistent cough and constipation in a child

Posted on Mon, 19 Dec 2016 in Ayurveda
Question: My daughter is having cough from last 1.5 month. She hospitalized before 2 month and after her recovery we started her school then again in 2 days she got cough and allergies like red eyes, red marks on body with itching. We started homeopathic also but results are not appropriate even in last she was coughing whole night. Could you please suggest any medication for her cough. She is having dry cough now sometime runny nose when she comes in open air. She is having constipation also.
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
LET ME EXPLAIN

Detailed Answer:
Hai,

I understand your concern regarding your daughter.
don't worry i will guide you the treatment.

as your kid is 2.10 yrs old and at this age infections are very common as she expose to new atmosphere and vulnerable to allergies and infections.

usually children till 5 yrs of age they get frequent infection mostly affects respiratory(cold,cough,wheezing etc) and abdominal system (diarrohea,vommitting)when they exposed to social environment which is spreaded with microbes. even though if you maintain proper hygiene and safe environment,possibility of getting infection is high and mostly air bourne infections (FLU) affect the children.

allergic substances like dust,pollens and bacteria and virus are abundant in open air. once they exposed to open air depends on their immune response they get affected.
However you can't keep the child inhouse always and practically it is not feasible too. once they expose their immune system will fight against the infections.

Normally catching infection like cold and cough once in a month is normal in less than 5 yrs children as per the present scenario.

as the child grows up the resistance against the infections and allergies may develop.

In Ayurveda many good medicines are there to develop immune system in developing child.

initially you start with food. food is the best medicine to improve immunity.In regular food intake you can add beans,Channa,almond,cashew in smashed form. protein foods are vital factor in improving immunity.

all vegetables and fruits should be given. fig,dates,lemon, Vitamin C containing fruits are immune boosting fruits.

gram dal,urad dal based liquid foods should be given regularly.

Since she got constipation add dry grapes (kismis)and cucumber,papaya in her daily routine food . teach her toilet training properly in squatting position.

Ayurvedic medication TO IMPROVE IMMUNE

BALAARISTAM - 10 ML WITH 30ML OF WARM WATER. AFTER FOOD.

GUDUCHI POWDER- 1/2(500mg) TEASPOON MIX WITH GHEE AND TAKE. AFTER FOOD.

the above medicines will be available in all ayurvedic medicine shops.

At present no need for any allergy test. follow the above advise and get back to me with the feedback.

Hope i answered and clarified you query. let me know if there any clarification further.

Thanks and Regards
Dr.S.senthilnathan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 25 minutes later
thanks for your valuable answer.
One more things you have shared medicine for immune system. is there any specific medicine for cough like kala basa?
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Crux cough syrup

Detailed Answer:

Hai,
I suggest Crux Cough Syrup from Banlabs. ayurvedic cough syrup better and safe for children less than 5 yrs. 3 ml thrice a day.

Let me know if there any queries further.

Thanks and regards
Dr.S.Senthilnathan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. REMY KOSHY
Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian

Ayurveda Specialist