Suggest treatment for persistent cough and cold

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello-
I'm hoping you can help with a private manner. I have had a terrible cough/cold this week. Two days while going to the bathroom, I seemed to shift/cough my lest testicle .... causing an imbalance, almost feels like one sac vs. two sometimes. Will this take care of itself over time ? It doesn't really hurt, but feels weird.

Help
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to get it reviewed by a surgeon and have an ultrasound too

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

First of all, it is sad to know what you had been experiencing lately. Based on the history you have shared, it can be trivial thing like simple muscle sprain to complicated matters like torsion. It's good that it's not painful and only causing mild discomfort but coughing or such matters may exacerbate the twist or torsion of internal structures.

It's better to get it reviewed by a surgeon for any new onset testicular hernia or some hydroceole. It's better to have an ultrasound of both testes too. If pain sets in analgesics like acetaminophen can be used.

Meanwhile avoid over exertions or lifting heavy weights and take small steps during walks preferably.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T