Suggest treatment for persistent cough along with dry mouth
The coughing and dysphagia could be due to pathology of the esophagus.
Welcome to HealthCare Magic. Thank you for posting your query.
I can understand your concern.
The cough and difficulty in swallowing (dysphagia) could be due to acute bronchitis or common cold , laryngitis , Gastro-esophageal reflux disease ,Achalsia cardia , a diverticulum of the esophagus called Zenker's diverticulum or mass in the esophagus - to name a few.
I would suggest you to
1. Stop drinking.
2. Get a routine blood hemoglobin, total count , differential count , chest XRay and neck Xray done.
3. Drink loads of water.
4. I would start tablet Taxim O . Your doctor can guide on the exact dosage .
5. Take steam inhalation to reduce cough.
Do not worry.
Visit a physician. He/she can examine and correlate clinically.
You may need an upper Gi endoscopy or esophagoscopy later.
Hope this helps.
Write back to us.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dry cough and dry mouth
- Persistent cough mucus for 4 months treatment
- Persistent cough after cold treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough despite taking antibiotics
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for swollen uvula and dry mouth
- Treatment and cure for persistant cough
- Dry mouth and cough
- Treatment and cure for Dry mouth
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough