Suggest treatment for persistent bronchitis while on Robitussin

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Accident and Emergency
Question: My husband has had flu/bronchitis for a week. He has taken Robitussin CF maximum strength for three days. Yesterday, he developed a rash at the back of his neck and had pain in the area. Tonight he read on the Robitussin bottle that it could be an allergic reaction and should seek medical help right away. It is 3:00 am, but I should I take him to the ER?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to rush to emergency room.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
No need to rush to the emergency room.
For such allergic skin rash, he can take antihistamine drugs like levocetrizine or fexofenadine.
Avoid robitussin syrup.
Tell him to drink plenty of fluids orally and keep himself hydrated.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your husband. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana