• question-icon

Suggest treatment for persistent boils on the body

Posted on Wed, 16 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, i m suffering from boils irritation and its persistant from last 4 months. I have consulted almost all the doctors, but its just a temporory solution with antibiotics and painkiller. I want permanant solution over this. The boils are coming over hair, follicles. Can you suggest some permenent solution to this problem
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr..Kakkar (Dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
Which body part do you mostly get boils? What all oral antibiotics have you been asked to take in the past? Were you investigated e.g pus culture and antibiotic sensitivity? Blood sugar? Etc.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 18 minutes later
I m getting it all over body parts like it stated from chick (near jaw line) then in both the ears, over thighs, in the armpit, over eyelids as well as in where ever theirs hair..

Different doctors have prescribed different antibiotics..
The boils will be filled with pus with ageing and then it will burst and clear all the pus and blood from the boil..
I have yesterday checked with post meal sugar it was 145, i guess it is normal
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Measures for recurrent skin infections

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

Perhaps you are a staph aureus carrier.
I would suggest a pus culture and antibiotic sensitivity test from one of the boil which will guide the most appropriate antibiotic therapy.
In addition to that I would suggest you to use 2% mupirocin ointment (e.g T-Bact Ointment), twice daily for 5 days on all possible body sites of staph. aureus colonization e.g nasal orifice, axilla, umbilicus, perianal area.
Try bleach bath. It acts as a skin disinfectant in those with frequent skin and soft tissue infections. Do this by adding 10 ml household bleach in a bucket of water for bath.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist