Suggest treatment for persistent back and hip pain

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi, i am having light back pain most of the time. The area is just above hips which is the pain point.
I think this is because of nature of my job which require prolong sitting for 7-8 hours a day.
Can you recommend any medicine or exercise?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow the Advises..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

As of now, please avoid sitting down for prolonged duration..

From your description, it seems like you're in a desk-job, try to sit with your spine straight all the time, and take frequent short breaks (5-10mins) in between and just walk around..

Do not engage in any kind of heavy weight lifting..

Avoid forward/backward bending and any kind of stretching for the time being..

For symptomatic relief, you can take Tab PARACETAMOL 650mg three times daily after food..apply hot fomentation gently over the area twice daily..along with this you can also apply analgesic gel Diclofenac locally (eg.VOLINI GEL), apply gently over the area twice daily and do not massage..

If despite following this, symptoms persist or worsen, then I'd suggest a clinical examination of the area by an Orthopedician along with few relevant investigation (X-ray of the affected region, serum Calcium, Vit D3 level, ESR etc.) for further management..

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee