Suggest treatment for persistent arm and hand pain
Compression of nerve in cervical [neck area] spine
Thanks for your query.
According to your symptoms it looks like there is compression of nerve in cervical [neck area] spine. This leads to radiation of pain from back side of upper arm to forearm and into wrist and hand.
Most probable reason for your symptoms could be postural problem like sitting for long time and working on computer for long time.
You may need to take x ray/MRI spine to see for severity of nerve compression.
Some medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will help, you can take them consulting your treating doctor.
Some exercises which can be done after pain has reduced include- gradual neck rotation, touching your ears to shoulder, shoulder shrugging exercises. You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start INTERFERENCE THERAPY, ULTRASONIC THERAPY, which are helpful in your case.
Some life style modifications for you – Take break every 40 min from computer and do some neck rotation, stretches, walk and get back to work. Sit with taking support to your neck, do not use thick pillow in bed.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hand pain with sinus infection
- Treatment and cure for hand pain
- Bumps on hand painful what is suggested by the symptoms
- Arm and hand pain causes
- Hand pain treatments
- Extreme hand pain on the top mild swelling treatment suggestion
- Breast pain and arm and hand pain
- Hand pain vyvanse
- Throbbing left arm and hand pain pregnant
- Swelling in right hand painful treatment
- Done with X ray of medial malleolus. Is it correctly aligned?
- Diagnosed with high uric acid level. Experiencing pain in collar bone....
- Hit middle finger from racket. No swelling but have pain. Having pain...
- Have slight swelling on right hand side below knee cap. Have tightness...
- Fell and right side of back was hit. Bruised and have scratches. Hurting...
- Had a quartazone injection, unable to sleep. Side effect?
- Have back pain between shoulder blades that radiates around side and...
- Have shoulder pain, told to be fibrosis and given tablets. Started again...
- Experiencing dull pain on knees, specially when lifting weights. Suggest?
- Hit right hand fingers against a wall. Experiencing stiffness and pain....