Suggest treatment for persistent acne
my sister is having pimple problems from 1-2 years and she is using general face wash. what can be very helpful for her. thank
Medical used : Brillare shampoo, Jovees face wash regularly, Jovees cream at night and Scanil in morning.
Welcome to HCM...
Your sister is having acne vulgaris. It is a disease of pilosebaceous unit of skin. It commonly occurs in persons having oily skin. There are different forms of acne. Your sister is having inflammatory acne. There may be some triggering factors..like stress,tension,sleeplessness,excessive sun exposure,travelling,hormonal imbalance, pills, drugs like steroids,dandruff,oily food..etc
I would suggest as follow..
- antibiotic like azithromycine 500 mg thrice a week..one on mon,tue,wed. for few months
- zinc sulfate 200 mg once a day
- benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel ..apply on lesions at night
-cleanse the face with antiseptic face wash like cetaphil lotion.. thrice a day
- kindly avoid triggering factors
Above treatment is just a guideline for managing your sister's problem.
Please consult dermatologist for perfect diagnosis and firm treatment.
Long term treatment is needed. Have patience for the good result.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent acne on chin
- Undergoing epiduo treatment for acne persisting acne further treatment
- Need medication for persisting acne
- How to cure persistent acne
- Drugs/medication for Persistent acne
- What is the treatment for persistent acne
- Treatment and cure for Persistent acne
- Diagnosis of Persistent acne
- Symptoms of Persistent acne
- Persistent acne causes