Suggest treatment for peripheral neuropathy and feet swelling

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
I have peripheral neuropathy and recently my feet are swelling, I presume with fluid. What's next? And, should I go back to my neurologist?
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi and welcome

Detailed Answer:
I dont this is neurologic issue so you should see internal medicine specialist to check you kidney and lung function,bit foot swelling may be normal after long standing. Also it can be due to venous insufficiency or insect bites. In every case try to rest,keep your legs elevated and if this persist,see internal specialist.wish you good health