Suggest treatment for periodontal abscess
Periodontal Abscess , Medication
Thanks for consulting Healthcare magic .
This is Dr. Priyanka Tiwari answering your query .
Read your query and gone through reports ( image ) you have attached as far as I have observed in image there is swelling (lump) in gums . As far as lump over the gum is concerned it can be periodontal abscess (gingival abscess ) secondary to gum infection because of depositis (calculus) in subgingival region of gums. The other possible cause might be inflamatory gingival hyperplasia secondary to irritation to deposits in gums or drug induced .
For this I will suggest you to consult oral surgeon for scaling and root planing (oral prophylaxis). Inmeantime do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day . You can apply ointment like stolin gum paint on gums . Do betadine rinses . You can take course of antibiotic Amoxicillin with Metronidazole combination (If you are not allergic) .
These are the possible causes and diagnosis and treatment plan about lesion . Hope I have answered your query . If you have further query I will be happy to help .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for abscessed tooth
- Treatment and cure for periodontal abscess
- Periodontal abscess maxillary sinus
- Periodontal abscess with low grade fever
- Symptoms of periodontal abscess
- Diagnosis of periodontal abscess
- Difference between periapical abscess and periodontal abscess
- Drugs/medication for periodontal abscess
- Periodontal abscess causes
- Periodontal abscess treatment