Suggest treatment for periodontal abscess

Posted on Mon, 25 May 2015 in Dental Health
Question: Tell me what you think cant get in to a dentist for four more days.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Periodontal Abscess , Medication

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,

Thanks for consulting Healthcare magic .
This is Dr. Priyanka Tiwari answering your query .

Read your query and gone through reports ( image ) you have attached as far as I have observed in image there is swelling (lump) in gums . As far as lump over the gum is concerned it can be periodontal abscess (gingival abscess ) secondary to gum infection because of depositis (calculus) in subgingival region of gums. The other possible cause might be inflamatory gingival hyperplasia secondary to irritation to deposits in gums or drug induced .

For this I will suggest you to consult oral surgeon for scaling and root planing (oral prophylaxis). Inmeantime do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day . You can apply ointment like stolin gum paint on gums . Do betadine rinses . You can take course of antibiotic Amoxicillin with Metronidazole combination (If you are not allergic) .

These are the possible causes and diagnosis and treatment plan about lesion . Hope I have answered your query . If you have further query I will be happy to help .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Priyanka Tiwari

Dentist