Suggest treatment for pericardial cyst
The pericardial cyst is probably small and your doctor wants to observe it
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. A cyst is a harmless fluid filled sac and pericardium is covering of heart. Therefore pericardial cyst is a fluid filled harmless sac originating from covering of heart which is usually congenital and asymptomatic in most people. It is always harmless and and symptoms occur due to pressure on adhjacent structures.
2. The treatment of pericardial cysts is observation first and if it continues to griw then percutaneous drainage is recommended. Should it recur or if it is large in size then resection by surgery is the treatment of choice.
3. In your case the echocardiography and CT report finding is not mentioned. Therefore it is difficult to know the exact size and location of the pericardial cyst. However your cardiologist has seen the report and is convinced that you should observe the cyst and follow up. This means that the pericardial cyst is probably smaller in size and located in a place where it is unlikely to be causing symptoms and it is not a serious problem.
4. Chest pain and heart burn can be caused due to stomach conditions including h pylori infection. Your doctor wants to treat you for h pylori and would like to watch for your symptoms to decrease.
5. Please take the treatment for h pylori and discuss any improvement in symptoms with your doctor. Request you to send CT scan report for better understanding of your problem. In conclusion your doctor wants to watch the pericardial cyst for some time before considering any treatment involving drainage or surgery. Looks like you should not worry much about it and proceed with recommended management. In case of severe pain please do not hesitate to seek medical assistance and express your desire to discuss in detail with your cardiologist keeping in mind the points which are listed above.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for liver cyst
- Suggest treatment for reoccurrence of a tarlov cyst
- Drugs/medication for pericardial cyst
- Treatment and cure for pericardial cyst
- Symptoms of pericardial cyst
- Suggest treatment for cyst in bladder
- Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp
- Pericardial cyst causes
- Suggest treatment for ovarian cysts
- Diagnosis of pericardial cyst