Suggest treatment for penis wound
Before the onset of this problem did you have any unprotected sexual encounters? That would be helpful to know the origin of the problem. Do you have fever or burning during passing urine? It could be an STD or a Fungal infection. Do you have Diabetes? I suggest you either see a Dermatologist who can examine you or send us a photo of the involved area. Do not worry.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX
Possibility of genital herpes
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I have gone through your query and I have also reviewed the Image.
I can see that the shaft of penis has multiple erosions and confluent raw areas. This seem like a case of genital herpes to me.
Genital herpes usually presents initially as fluid filled lesions which soon rupture to form erosions. These erosions may be discrete or they may coalesce to form larger polycyclic erosions.
There might be associated burning sensation and pain.
Genital herpes may recur. The frequency of recurrences may vary.
Oral antiviral and topical antibacterial cream
If I was the treating doctor I would have suggested an Oral antiviral e.g valacyclovir 1000 mg three times a day for a week. Topically I would suggest you to use an otc topical antibacterial e.g 2% mupirocin cream, twice daily.
These are prescription drugs and should be used under supervision of a doctor therefore I suggest that you visit a dermatologist in your vicinity for the needful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for to heal wound on knee
- Suggest treatment for fractured penis
- Suggest treatment for a reopened wound on penis
- Vdrl positive wound on penis treatment
- Penis open wound treatment
- Swelling around the open wound suggested treatment
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis
- Small penis recurring wound in testicles treatment
- Suggest the treatment for micro penis
- Suggest treatment for pimples on penis